How to Get Rid of Molds in Your Home
Exacerbation of asthma, respiratory symptoms and respiratory infections are just some of the many health issues that lodgers of a moldy or damp structures will have to face. Take into consideration that molds is the major cause of a lot of health problems and for this reason, mold solutions are just so crucial. Below are some helpful tips that can maintain a clean and safe home.
1. Improve ventilation. A hot and steamy shower is so relaxing after a long and busy day, however, enclosing the damp and heat will cause condensation buildup. If not ventilated very well, this environment will easily lead to development of molds.
2. Clean from time to time. Molds can be found on surfaces as well as in the air we take in to our lungs, on the other hand, they can also be found in dust buildup. As a result, keeping your home clean is the only way to prevent the development of molds.
3. Keep the surfaces dry. Take into consideration that damp surfaces are the best friends of molds. One of the major mold solutions is to wipe down the kitchen counters as well as bathrooms.
4. Benefit from a dehumidifier. A humidity that is between 30 and 50 percent is highly advised by the Australian national council of asthma. And if your house is above this range, then your house can be a perfect ground for the development of mold. And dehumidifier can serve as a remarkable tool to control the humidity level of your home.
5. Dry water can damage the carpet right away. And in case the carpet has been damaged by water, be sure to dry it within 1 to 2 days. And in the event that the carpet is still wet for more than 48 hours, without a doubt, molds will start to develop there.
6. Take away and replace the area affected by mold. And this is especially a wise advice for areas that were affected by flood water. And the remove and replace strategy is at times, the only means to ensure that the molds will not develop and increase in number.
7. Take advantage of hospital grade disinfectants. Home remedies like bleach and vinegar will do fine for small squares of mold, and anything more than it will require something stronger. The hospital grade disinfectants are sporicidal and anti-fungal and are considered to be the best mold solutions that are available.
8. Make use of HEPA filter or air scrubber. They are capable of removing the mold spores present in the air inside your home.